My mother-in-law is trying hand over a disabled person to someone
Good day. I am a mother of a 3 years old girl. Just like in the title, my mother-in-law is trying to hand over her disabled son. My husband’s brother has being using the wheelchair since middle school. He, as a 33 years old, is also working at a huge company that everyone recognizes just by the name and is envious of.Additionally, he is also a very kindhearted person. To some extent he walks and can freely do the house chores with his hands. Although physically inconvenienced, my brother-in-law, who has a very decent job, is capable of taking care of himself.
The problem is, my mother is pestering me to introduce him to someone physically okay. To be honest, this is very difficult. No matter how good his occupation is or perfect his personality is, he rides a wheelchair. If I bring up someone that rides a wheelchair to a woman without physically disability, it is so obvious how they would react, so I am torn. I am not saying that everything is perfect if one has no disability. I even introduced him to one of my friends, who works as a hairdresser, but she said that she wasn’t interested because he was one year older than her.
Seems like my brother-in-law is also stuck. He is fully aware of his place and seems to have made up his mind to live alone. However, my mother-in-law interferes and nags, so it must be hard for him too.
So what do you guys think I should do ? No matter how hard I rack my brain, I can’t come up with anything.
✅ 574 ❌100
You know that you can flat out refuse right? amazing brother-in-law ? Don’t you know that by posting this you are further hurting your disabled brother-in-law??? Right from the title you had everything all wrong! You two-faced grandma!!
“knows his place”ㅋㅋㅋ do you have some ill feelings towards your brother-in-law?
- 시어머니 : mother-in-law
- 장애인 : disabled person
- 맡기다 : assign; charge; place; appoint
- 여아맘 : girl mom
- 제목 : title
- 중학생 : middle school student
- 전동 휠체어 : an electric (powered) wheelchair
- 이름을 대다 : tell[give] one´s name
- 공기업 : public enterprise , public firm
- 착하다 : kind, generous
- 어느정도 : in a [some] measure, in some degree, to some [a certain] degree [extent], somewhat
- 팔 : arm
- 자유롭다: free
- 독립하다 : be independent
- 집안일 : housework, household chores
- 남부럽다 : envious
- 스스로 : by oneself, for oneself
- 책임지다 : be in charge,be responsible
- 도련님 : young gentleman ,younger brother-in-law
- 멀쩡하다 : uninjured, unwounded,sane, sober
- 소개시키다 : mediate, introduce, explain
- 성화 : impatience, irritation,pestering
- 인품 : personality, character
- 휠체어 : wheelchair
- 얘기를 꺼내다 : bring up story
- 뻔하다 : evident, palpable, plain
- 곤란하다 : difficult, embarrassing, awkward
- 헤어 디자이너 : hair designer,hairdresser, hair stylist
- 연상 : seniority, elder
- 본인 : person concerned
- 처지 : circumstances
- 분수를 파악하다 : grasp of social position
- 나서다 : interfere, meddle
- 머리를 굴리다 : put one’s brain to work, put one’s thinking cap on,crack on thinking, try to think up a bright idea
- 답이 안 나온다: to not get the answer /solution
- 글쓰다 : write something
- 생채기를 내다 : make scratch
- 딱 잘라 : flatly, firmly, decidedly, unhesitatingly
- 거절하다 : refuse, reject, deny
- 시동생 : brother-in-law
- 상처를 주다 : hurt
- 이중인격 : double character
- 악감정 : ill feeling, an ill will, ill [bad] blood, animosity, an unfavorable impression.
Yall I am also learning Korean, so bear with me regarding the translations. I am translating as I understand and not literally.
Naver Korean English Dictionary
* Not 100% sure of this sentence’s translation.
Let’s not further hurt your amazing brother-in-law by writing this here, just stay put and let your amazing brother-in-law handle his own.