Why is my team leader like this ?
I am an intern that joined a phone service company only 3 months ago. Due to my direct boss taking a sick leave, I am currently doing the job on my own. So whenever there is something that I do not know, I call my team leader, ask how to deal with it and get it handled. Ever since I joined, I have only had to contact my team leader maybe just 3 times ? so I rarely disturb him with questions.
This morning, my team leader suddenly called to ask if I had written down the issues I had handled. Thinking that he meant whether I had written down the service responses, I immediately deleted them (because it is personal information, my direct boss told me to get rid of it).
However, since my team leader constantly said I should call every time I am lost, I realised he may have asked whether I noted down the “way” I handled those issues. Hence I wrote them down at once.
But was I wrong for calling him, after he asked whether to call if I was lost ? It is not like I do it often. I call only when I do not understand something, so I am confused.
- 팀장 : team leader
- 개월 : month
- 전화 서비스 : telephone service
- 업종 : type of business, type of industry
- 신입 : newcomer
- 사수 : shooter, direct boss
- 병가를 내다 : take sick leave
- 처리하다 : treat, process, handle
- 갑자기 : suddenly, all of a sudden
- 입사하다 : enter a company, join a company
- 응대하다 : respond, cope with
- 적다 : write down, little
- 바로바로 : immediately
- 없애다 : eliminate, get rid of, eradicate
- 개인정보: personal information
- 메모하다 : take note, take a memo, jot down
Yall I am also learning Korean, so bear with me regarding the translations. I am translating as I understand and not literally.
Naver Korean English Dictionary
* Not 100% sure of this sentence’s translation.
Could it be that your team leader asked you if you noted it down because you asked him a question that you had already asked before ?