I want to quit because I am not good at my job
Despite being busy and so close to losing my mind, my accomplishments are lacking. In addition to that, I am treated like a disposable person. With that being said, I wonder why I have not been improving despite doing this job for 5 years. As I became self-conscious, I decided on my own to leave the job. What am I even doing, living a life where I do not improve. Just being bored to death. Sigh..I think it is better to just quit, if one is incapable of doing the job.
✅ 11 ❌1
Try to change the department ( field).
5 years man…what can one add to that.Just try to find another job.
I was like this in my 20s, because I felt like the job didn’t fit well with me. Notwithstanding, seeing that you stuck at the job for 5 years, you really put up with it. Additionally, since you are going to receive severance pay, rest for a while and try to figure out what type of work you would like to do. *patting*.
- 그만두다 : stop
- 정신없이 : frantically, hectically
- 실적 :actual results, accomplishment
- 미달 : shortage, deficiency, shortfall
- 쓸모없다 : useless, unworthy, unusable
- 취급 받는 : to be treated like a second-class citizen
- 점점 : gradually
- 나아지다 : improve, enhance
- 눈치 보이다 : self-conscious
- 스스로 : by oneself, for oneself
- 삶 : life
- 지겨워 죽겠어요 : be tired, be exhausted, bored to death
- 취업 : getting a job
- 타지 : other areas, other regions
- 신물나 죽겠어! : sick to death of
- 등을 떠밀다 : push someone’s back, put pressure (on sb) (to do sth)
- 마지못하다 ; being compelled to, being forced to
- 버티다 : bear, endure, put up with
- 퇴직금: severance pay, retirement allowance
- 토닥토닥 : patting, tapping
Yall I am also learning Korean, so bear with me regarding the translations. I am translating as I understand and not literally.
* Not 100% sure of this sentence’s translation.