Why do women get married and then become subservient at their husband’s house ?
I heard even in the case where both parties are working, why do they live without being able to say a word ? You could just ignore him, regardless of what he says. Furthermore why are you allowing yourself to be mistreated ? If you are also working as a wife, just completely ignore the bullshit words and that’s it! Even if your husband makes a fuss about it, just divorce. Men don’t tremble and beg because they are afraid of divorce and worry about their children being raised in a divorced family, so why are only women acting like that ?
✅ 15 ❌ 0
- 시가 : one’s husband’s home
- 굽신거리다 : bow , subordinate oneself to; act subserviently
- 맞벌이하다 : (couple) work together, work for a double income, work in double harness
- 그러던데 : I hear that ….
- 무시하다 : disregard, neglect
- 갑질하다 : to overuse one’s power , go on a power trip
- 갑질을 받다 : to be taken advantage of, to be abused, to be under the power of
- 맞벌이 : dual-career , both husband and wife working
- 난리를 치다 : to make a scene, to scream, to make a fuss about something
- 이혼가정 : divorced families
- 자식 : child, kid
- 벌벌 : shakingly, shiveringly, grudgingly
- 떨다 : shake, tremble, pinch a penny, be cheap, be a miser, tremble, shudder, shiver
- 부인 : wife
- 기다 : crawl, creep, grabble
- 현타 오다 : reality hit
- 인연을 끊다 : break off relations , cut a connection
- 순서대로 : in regular sequence, chronological
- 굽신굽신 : with one’s head down, with a deep bow, in a servile manner, obsequiously, subserviently
Yall I am also learning Korean, so bear with me regarding the translations. I am translating as I understand and not literally.
Naver Korean English Dictionary
* Not 100% sure of this sentence’s translation.