My boss was so mad because I contacted him after work
Due to a very urgent issue, I sent my boss a message Friday evening at 7pm .
As soon as it was sent, I received a call.
“Why are you calling after work hours ? Are we friends ? ” he asked while hurling all forms of swear words at me, which I recorded.
“I had to contact you because it was a pressing issue but if I made you uncomfortable , by any chance, I would like to apologize. ” I said to him before cutting the call. Afterwards I cried because I felt so misunderstood.
After 10 minutes, I got a call from him saying that he is sorry for reacting so sensitively and apologized several times. However, I am worried about seeing him face to face on Monday.
How can I solve this mess ? Should I just go to work pretending like nothing ever happened ?
I think you have to re-weigh the reason for you needing to call urgently.
- 퇴근 : leaving work, arriving home from work
- 극대노 : furious, angry, mad, the utmost anger
- 상사 : superior, boss
- 급하게 : quickly, in a rush, in a haste, hastily,urgent
- 온갖 : every, all kinds of
- 쌍욕 : curses, swear words
- 퍼붓다 : pour
- 욕설을/쌍욕을 퍼붓다 : to hurl curses at
- 녹음 : recording
- 혹시라도 : by any chance
- 불쾌하다 : displeased, uncomfortable
- 끊다 : break off, cut off
- 억울하다 : feeling mortified, feeling chagrined
- 눈물이 핑 돌다 : tears welling up in eyes
- 예민하게 : keen, acute, sensitive
- 여러번: several times, many times, often, frequently, [되풀이해서] repeatedly, over and over (again).
- 사과하다 : apologize
- 해결하다 : solve, settle, resolve, fix
Yall I am also learning Korean, so bear with me regarding the translations. I am translating as I understand and not literally.
* Not 100% sure of this sentence’s translation.