Clash in values
Although we have a wedding ahead, there is a problem that caused us to fight.
1) brothers, sisters, siblings making monetary requests due to emergency circumstances
(one-time assistance, assuming it is an unfortunate scenario like scams or hospital bills)
Difference in values
doable, only under the condition that things don’t get harder for my family, I can help versus after marriage, one should devote self to only their family, so no helping.
Although I really love my girlfriend, I believe that in a family, one should be able to rely and help each other through out life .
I want to to help even after marriage, as long as it is within our reach. However my girlfriend says that such idea is a value that shows that one is not ready to marry and that later, if one marries, divorce is inevitable.
Am I in the wrong ?
To be honest, right after we argued, someone made a request. So I am worried.
Please refrain from using your imagination to add more context to the story, just take the written context as is.
Why are writing the same post ? Was it because you did not get the answer you wanted ?
Usually, when one talks like this, doesn’t that mean you have some one in your family that is finding it difficult financially ? If I were your girlfriend, I would have broken up with you. We are already having it hard to finance our own lives, can you imagine becoming someone else’s relative’s support ? If you have a relative to support, please stay single. I am begging you.
Just let her go free, please.
- 가치관 : values
- 가정 : family, home, assumption, supposition, proposition
- 형제 : brothers, siblings
- 자매 : sisters, siblings
- 남매 : brother and sister
- 위급한 : ominous,exigent, imminent, emergency
- 사정 : situation, circumstances
- 금전적 : monetary, money related
- 요청 : request, appeal
- 1회성 : one-time
- 사기 : swindling, fraud, deception, cheating
- 치료비 : treatment expense
- 안타까운 : miserable,pitiable, unfortunate ,disappointing
- 사유 : private ownership, proprietorship, possession, reason, cause
- 여유가 되다 : afford
- 선 : line
- 충실하다 : substantial, full, solid,faithful, devoted, sincere
- 의지하다 : lean on, stand against,rely on, fall back on
- 사상 : thought, idea,thinking, thought
- 상상력으로 : imaginative power, imagination
- 집다넣다 : to put in, to clutter in
- 경제적으로 : economically,financially
- 부양 : support
Yall I am also learning Korean, so bear with me regarding the translations. I am translating as I understand and not literally.
* Not 100% sure of this sentence’s translation.