Clash in values
Although we have a wedding ahead, there is a problem that caused us to fight.
1) brothers, sisters, siblings making monetary requests due to emergency circumstances
(one-time assistance, assuming it is an unfortunate scenario like scams or hospital bills)
Difference in values
doable, only under the condition that things don’t get harder for my family, I can help versus after marriage, one should devote self to only their family, so no helping.
Although I really love my girlfriend, I believe that in a family, one should be able to rely and help each other through out life .
I want to to help even after marriage, as long as it is within our reach. However my girlfriend says that such idea is a value that shows that one is not ready to marry and that later, if one marries, divorce is inevitable.
Am I in the wrong ?
To be honest, right after we argued, someone made a request. So I am worried.
Please refrain from using your imagination to add more context to the story, just take the written context as is.
Usually, when one talks like this, doesn’t that mean you have some one in your family that is finding it difficult financially ? If I were your girlfriend, I would have broken up with you. We are already having it hard to finance our own lives, can you imagine becoming someone else’s relative’s support ? If you have a relative to support, please stay single. I am begging you.
Just let her go free, please.
- 가치관 : values
- 가정 : family, home, assumption, supposition, proposition
- 형제 : brothers, siblings
- 자매 : sisters, siblings
- 남매 : brother and sister
- 위급한 : ominous,exigent, imminent, emergency
- 사정 : situation, circumstances
- 금전적 : monetary, money related
- 요청 : request, appeal
- 1회성 : one-time
- 사기 : swindling, fraud, deception, cheating
- 치료비 : treatment expense
- 안타까운 : miserable,pitiable, unfortunate ,disappointing
- 사유 : private ownership, proprietorship, possession, reason, cause
- 여유가 되다 : afford
- 선 : line
- 충실하다 : substantial, full, solid,faithful, devoted, sincere
- 의지하다 : lean on, stand against,rely on, fall back on
- 사상 : thought, idea,thinking, thought
- 상상력으로 : imaginative power, imagination
- 집다넣다 : to put in, to clutter in
- 경제적으로 : economically,financially
- 부양 : support
Yall I am also learning Korean, so bear with me regarding the translations. I am translating as I understand and not literally.
Naver Korean English Dictionary
* Not 100% sure of this sentence’s translation.
Why are writing the same post ? Was it because you did not get the answer you wanted ?