Boss is being criticized.
The head of my department in the company that I switched to this year has been very kind and we barely talk to each other. But once in while when I ask him questions, he handles it very kindheartedly. To be honest, because of my intern status, he has every right to assign all sort of tasks ( tell me what to do ), however he has been only very polite and respectful. Furthermore, I am the type that rarely speaks. However , female employees from other departments call him a lunatic and curse him out. Also saying that he is fake, treats them rudely and that I should be careful, since no one knows when he is going to switch on me.
Although it has been 8 months since I moved to this company, I still find it hard to imagine him being a psychopath. Especially since he seems to have good manners. Despite not understanding why he is being reproached, after hearing all of that, I am mentally distancing myself.
✅ 15 ❌1
I hope you watch out for that female employee. They may be cursing you out in front of other people.
- 욕먹다 : be reviled, to be reproached, to be roasted
- 상사 : superior, boss
- 올해 : this year
- 이직하다 : to change jobs
- 부서 : department, division
- 평소에 : usually, ordinarily
- 한번씩 : once every
- 친절하게 : kindly, kindheartedly,
- 대하다 : face, confront, handle, deal with
- 인턴 : intern
- 충분히 : enough, sufficiently, fully
- 이래라 저래라 : this and that
- 이래라저래라 하다 : to push someone around, to tell someone what to do
- 예의를 갖추다 : be polite
- 여자 직원 : female employee
- 완전 : completeness
- 가식 : fabrication, fake
- 싸가지 없어 : be horrible, be a bitch
- 조심하다 : practice caution
- 상상하다 : imagine
- 입사하다 : enter a company, join a company
- 8개월 : Eight months
- 매너가 좋다 : to have good manners
- 사이코패스 : psychopath
- 도통 : utterly, entirely
- 거리감 : feeling of distance, mental distance, awkwardness
- 걸려들다 : be trapped, be caught
- 전직원 : all staff
Yall I am also learning Korean, so bear with me regarding the translations. I am translating as I understand and not literally.
* Not 100% sure of this sentence’s translation.