An elder at church said that my deceased mother will not make it to heaven because she did not go to church
Does this make sense to yall ?
I am a 17 years old girl.
My mother passed away after struggling with cancer.
During the funeral service, an elder, who is a church deacon, right after singing hymns, prayer and crying out loud, told me to my face that my mother will not go to heaven because she did not attend church.
After hearing this, I asked her why she made such impolite remarks. However she faced me and said I was disrespectful.
Does anyone understand this person ?
I feel so mad right now. I have never in my life felt this disrespected!
- 돌아가다 : to die ( honorific)
- 교회 : church
- 교회를 다니다 : go to church
- 천국 : heaven
- 아줌마 : auntie, aunty, lady
- 암 : cancer
- 투병하다 : fight against a disease
- 집사 : deacon , butler
- 찬송가를 부르다 : sing a hymn
- 기도 : prayer
- 울부짖다 : wail, lament, mourn, howl
- 장례식장 : funeral home, funeral parlor, funeral hall
- 너네 엄마 : your mom
- 무례하다 : rude, impolite, insolent
- 망발 : absurd words, thoughtless remarks
- 버릇없다 : rude
- 이해가 가다 : to understand something
- 불쾌하다 : displeased, uncomfortable, to be mad
- 주님 : the Lord
- 얼른 : quickly, immediately, promptly
- 별 짓을 다 하다 : to do all kinds of things / all sorts of things
- 기독교인 : Christian
Yall I am also learning Korean, so bear with me regarding the translations. I am translating as I understand and not literally.
Naver Korean English Dictionary
* Not 100% sure of this sentence’s translation.
That person is both the satan and the devil ㅋㅋㅋㅋ