In the last post, we learned about Closures and Scopes. Today, we are addressing Higher Order Functions – Let’s do this!
Higher Order Function
- A first-class function
- takes a function as an argument
- returns a function as a result
Functions that take other functions
- e.g.map, reduce, filter methods take arrays as first arguments and a function as second
- By taking a function instead of a value, you are less restricted
- Use functions, not values
See the Pen Functional JS: Higher Order Functions by Ajala Comfort (@AJALACOMFORT) on CodePen.
That is all I learned about HOF… yes, that was short but yea…